Retour Historic site and monument

Roman church of Saint-Bonnet

Miremont Ouvert
© Roman church of Saint-Bonnet - OTC
  • © Roman church of Saint-Bonnet - Mairie Miremont
  • © Roman church of Saint-Bonnet - Mairie

This small church, situated on a promontory, has a chevet characteristic of the Auvergne Romanesque. Adjacent to the church, the "snail shell" cemetery, at the top of the hillock, is an original feature of this site. It was built in 1147.


Behind the church, one can still see the ruins of the castle (12th-13th century).
Guillaume de Beaufort donated his right of sacristy on this church to the cathedral chapter of Clermont-Ferrand when he left for the crusades. This building presents a certain homogeneity of architecture although it was built in several stages.
Fiche patrimoine N°10, Collection Trésors des Combrailles, on sale in the Tourist Offices of Combrailles.


Free access.

Période d'ouverture

All year round, daily.

Langues parlées

  • French



Animaux acceptés : Non


  • Every year, in August, a concert of the Bach Festival in Combrailles is held there. Date sensitive to the publication of the program of the Festival.

Roman church of Saint-Bonnet
  • Roman
  • 10th C
  • 12th C
  • Classified
Chemin de l'église sur la RD 570 Le bourg 63380 Miremont