Overlapping of the Saint-Joseph's Well
This heritage symbol shows the importance of coal mining, which lasted for 2 centuries and was a major part of the history of Saint-Eloy-les-Mines and Les Combrailles. This headframe, 40 metres high, was built in 1926 and weighs 160 tonnes!
Beside the Chevalement, the Maison de la Mine, entirely dedicated to the daily life of the Miner, retraces the history, sometimes tragic, of local mining.
All year round, daily.
Animaux acceptés : Oui