Retour Historic site and monument

Notre Dame Church

Montaigut Ouvert
© Notre Dame Church - OTC
  • © Notre Dame Church - OTC
  • © Notre Dame Church - OTC

This church dates from the 12th and 13th centuries, a period of transition between romanesque and gothic art. It was originally part of the castle compond which was destroyed by Louis 13th in the 17th century.


It contains an interesting historiated pillar from the former Capuchin cemetery, as well as a 16th century gilded wooden Virgin, saved from the flames by a parishioner during the Revolution.
The church was classified as a historical monument in 1926.
Heritage sheet, Collection Trésors des Combrailles, on sale in the Tourist Offices of Combrailles.


Free access.

Période d'ouverture

All year round, daily between 9 am and 6 pm.

Langues parlées

  • French



Animaux acceptés : Non

Notre Dame Church
  • Roman
  • 12th C
  • 13th C
63700 Montaigut